Description for Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 AMD EPYC 7302 Rack Server (16C 3.0GHz 128MB Cache/155W) 32GB 3200MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx8 RDIMM), O/B, 940-8i 4GB, 1x750W, Toolless Rails V2 | 7D2VA01LEA
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 is a 2-socket 2U server that features the AMD EPYC 7002 “Rome” family of processors. With up to 64 cores per processor and support for the new PCIe 4.0 standard for I/O, the SR665 offers the ultimate in two-socket server performance in a 2U form factor. The server is ideal for dense workloads that can take advantage of GPU processing and high-performance NVMe drives.
Suggested uses: Inference, virtualization, VDI, HPC, Hyperconverged infrastructure
Figure 1. Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665
Did you know?
The SR665 server is a very configuration-rich offering, supporting 28 different drive bay configurations in the front, middle and rear of the server and 5 different slot configurations at the rear of the server. This level of flexibility ensures that you can configure the server exactly the way your workload requires.
The server has been designed to take advantage of the features of the EPYC 7002 “Rome” processors, such as the full performance of 280W 64-core processors, support for 3200 MHz memory and PCIe Gen 4.0 support. Competitive servers that are based on the older EPYC 7001 “Naples” designs may not be able to offer these performance features.
Combining performance and flexibility, the SR665 server is a great choice for enterprises of all sizes. The server offers a broad selection of drive and slot configurations and offers high performance features that industries such as finance, healthcare and telco need. Outstanding reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) and high-efficiency design can improve your business environment and can help save operational costs.
Scalability and performance
The SR665 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability and reduce costs:
- Supports the AMD EPYC 7002 family of processors
- Supports processors with up to 64 cores and 128 threads, core speeds of up to 3.7 GHz, and TDP ratings of up to 280W.
- Support for up to 32 TruDDR4 memory DIMMs with two processors (16 DIMMs per processor). Each processor has 8 memory channels and 2 DIMMs per channel. With 1 DIMM installed per channel (8 DIMMs total), memory operates at 3200 MHz. Using Performance+ RDIMMs, the server supports 2 DIMMs per channel (16 DIMMs total) operating at 3200 MHz.
- Using 128GB 3DS RDIMMs, the server supports up to 4TB of system memory.
- Supports up to eight single-width GPUs or three double-wide GPUs, for substantial processing power in a 2U system.
- Supports up to 40x 2.5-inch hot-swap drive bays, by using combinations of front-accessible (up to 24 bays), mid bays (8 bays) and rear-accessible (8 bays).
- Supports 20x 3.5-inch drive bays for lower-cost high-capacity HDD storage. 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drive bays can be mixed if desired.
- Supports 16x NVMe drives without oversubscription of PCIe lanes (1:1 connectivity), or up to 32 NVMe drives with a 1:2 oversubscription. The use of NVMe drives maximizes drive I/O performance, in terms of throughput, bandwidth, and latency.
- Supports 12x SATA drives using the onboard SATA controller (no additional adapter needed), enabling lower cost, high capacity storage solution for cold storage workloads.
- Supports high-speed RAID controllers from Broadcom providing 12 Gb SAS connectivity to the drive backplanes. A variety of PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0 RAID adapters are available.
- Supports up to two externally accessible 7mm hot-swap drives with RAID functionality for operating system boot functions or data storage
- Supports M.2 drives for convenient operating system boot functions or data storage. Available M.2 adapters support either one M.2 drive or two M.2 drives in a RAID 1 configuration for performance and reliability.
- The server has a dedicated industry-standard OCP 3.0 small form factor (SFF) slot, with a PCIe 4.0 x16 interface, supporting a variety of Ethernet network adapters. Simple-swap mechanism with thumbscrews and pull-tab enables tool-less installation and removal of the adapter. Supports shared BMC network sideband connectivity to enable out-of-band systems management.
- The server offers PCI Express 4.0 I/O expansion capabilities that doubles the theoretical maximum bandwidth of PCIe 3.0 (16GT/s in each direction for PCIe 4.0, compared to 8 GT/s with PCIe 3.0). A PCIe 4.0 x16 slot provides 64 GB/s bandwidth, enough to support a 400GbE network connection.
- Up to eight PCIe 4.0 slots, all with rear access, plus an internal bay for a cabled RAID adapter or HBA, plus a slot dedicated to the OCP adapter.
Availability and serviceability
The SR665 provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- The server uses ECC memory and supports memory RAS features including Single Device Data Correction (SDDC, also known as Chipkill), Patrol/Demand Scrubbing, DRAM Address Command Parity with Replay, and DRAM Uncorrected ECC Error Retry.
- The server offers hot-swap drives, supporting RAID redundancy for data protection and greater system uptime.
- Available M.2 RAID Boot Adapters support RAID-1 which can enable two SATA or two NVMe M.2 drives to be configured as a redundant pair.
- The server has up to two hot-swap redundant power supplies and up to six hot-swap redundant fans to provide availability for business-critical applications.
- The power-source-independent light path diagnostics uses LEDs to lead the technician to failed (or failing) components, which simplifies servicing, speeds up problem resolution, and helps improve system availability.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) offer more reliability than traditional mechanical HDDs for greater uptime.
- Proactive Platform Alerts (including PFA and SMART alerts): Processors, voltage regulators, memory, internal storage (SAS/SATA HDDs and SSDs, NVMe SSDs, M.2 storage, flash storage adapters), fans, power supplies, RAID controllers, server ambient and subcomponent temperatures. Alerts can be surfaced through the XClarity Controller to managers such as Lenovo XClarity Administrator, VMware vCenter, and Microsoft System Center. These proactive alerts let you take appropriate actions in advance of possible failure, thereby increasing server uptime and application availability.
- The built-in XClarity Controller continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failures to minimize downtime.
- Built-in diagnostics in UEFI, using Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager, speed up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time.
- Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager supports diagnostics and can save service data to a USB key drive or remote CIFS share folder for troubleshooting and reduce service time.
- Auto restart in the event of a momentary loss of AC power (based on power policy setting in the XClarity Controller service processor)
- Offers a diagnostics port on the front of the server to allow you to attach an external diagnostics handset for enhanced systems management capabilities.
- Support for the XClarity Administrator Mobile app running on a supported smartphone and connected to the server through the service-enabled USB port, enables additional local systems management functions.
- Three-year or one-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty, 9 x 5 next business day. Optional service upgrades are available.
Manageability and security
Systems management features simplify local and remote management of the SR665:
- The server includes an XClarity Controller (XCC) to monitor server availability. Optional upgrade to XCC Advanced to provide remote control (keyboard video mouse) functions. Optional upgrade to XCC Enterprise enables the additional support for the mounting of remote media files (ISO and IMG image files), boot capture, and power capping.
- Lenovo XClarity Administrator offers comprehensive hardware management tools that help to increase uptime, reduce costs and improve productivity through advanced server management capabilities.
- UEFI-based Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager, accessible from F1 during boot, provides system inventory information, graphical UEFI Setup, platform update function, RAID Setup wizard, operating system installation function, and diagnostic functions.
- Support for Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager which captures real-time power and temperature data from the server and provides automated controls to lower energy costs.
- An integrated industry-standard Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) enables improved setup, configuration, and updates, and simplifies error handling.
- Support for industry standard management protocols, IPMI 2.0, SNMP 3.0, Redfish REST API, serial console via IPMI
- An integrated hardware Trusted Platform Module (TPM) supporting TPM 2.0 enables advanced cryptographic functionality, such as digital signatures and remote attestation.
- Administrator and power-on passwords help protect from unauthorized access to the server.
- Supports AMD Secure Root-of-Trust, Secure Run and Secure Move features to minimize potential attacks and protect data as the OS is booted, as applications are run and as applications are migrated from server to server.
- Supports Secure Boot to ensure only a digitally signed operating system can be used.
- Industry-standard Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) NI support for faster, stronger encryption.
- Additional physical security features are a chassis intrusion switch (standard in all models) and a lockable front bezel (optional).
The SR665 offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, and increase energy availability:
- Energy-efficient planar components help lower operational costs.
- High-efficiency power supplies with 80 PLUS Platinum and Titanium certifications
- Low-voltage 1.2 V DDR4 memory offers energy savings compared to 1.35 V and 1.5 V DDR3 DIMMs.
- Solid-state drives (SSDs) consume as much as 80% less power than traditional spinning 2.5-inch HDDs.
- The server uses hexagonal ventilation holes, which can be grouped more densely than round holes, providing more efficient airflow through the system and thus keeping your system cooler.
- Optional Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager provides advanced data center power notification and analysis to help achieve lower heat output and reduced cooling needs.
Components and connectors
The following figure shows the front of the server.
Figure 2. Front view of the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665
The following figure shows the components visible from the rear of the server. The figure shows one configuration, with eight PCIe slots, however there are additional rear configurations which include 3.5-inch drive bays, 2.5-inch drive bays, or 7mm drive bays.
Figure 3. Rear view of the Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 (configuration with eight PCIe slots)
The following figure shows the locations of key components inside the server.
We offer express delivery to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain, UAE for Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 AMD EPYC 7302 Rack Server (16C 3.0GHz 128MB Cache/155W) 32GB 3200MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx8 RDIMM), O/B, 940-8i 4GB, 1x750W, Toolless Rails V2 | 7D2VA01LEA.
Best Price Guarantee
We offer the best price for Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 AMD EPYC 7302 Rack Server (16C 3.0GHz 128MB Cache/155W) 32GB 3200MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx8 RDIMM), O/B, 940-8i 4GB, 1x750W, Toolless Rails V2 | 7D2VA01LEA in Dubai, UAE. Buy now with the best price!
Specifications for Lenovo ThinkSystem SR665 AMD EPYC 7302 Rack Server (16C 3.0GHz 128MB Cache/155W) 32GB 3200MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx8 RDIMM), O/B, 940-8i 4GB, 1x750W, Toolless Rails V2 | 7D2VA01LEA
- 22 January, 2021
- 40.50 Kg
- 46.50 cm x 78.40 cm x 10.70 cm
- 76.40 X 44.50 X 8.70cm
- 2U Rack Mount
- AMD EPYC 7302 Processor
- 128 MB
- DDR4 SDRAM
- RAID (SAS 12Gb/s) – PCIe 4.0 x8
- 16 MB
- 3200 MHz
- 4 TB 3DS registered
- SAS 12Gb/s
- ThinkSystem RAID 940-8i
- SNMP 3, IPMI 2.0
- Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware ESXi