Description for Lenovo SR650 Xeon Gold 6226R Rack Server (16C 2.9GHz 22MB Cache/150W) 32GB 2933MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx4 RDIMM), No Backplane, No RAID, 1x750W, XCC Enterprise, Tooless Rails | 7X06A0K7EA
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 is an ideal 2-socket 2U rack server for small businesses up to large enterprises that need industry-leading reliability, management, and security, as well as maximizing performance and flexibility for future growth. The SR650 server is designed to handle a wide range of workloads, such as databases, virtualization and cloud computing, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), enterprise applications, collaboration/email, and business analytics and big data.
Featuring the second generation of Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family (Xeon SP Gen 2), the SR650 server offers scalable performance, storage capacity, and I/O expansion. The SR650 server supports up to two processors, up to 2933 MHz memory speed, up to 3 TB of memory capacity with TruDDR4 DIMMs or up to 7.5 TB of memory capacity with a combination of TruDDR4 DIMMs and Intel DC persistent memory modules (DCPMMs), up to 24x 2.5-inch or 14x 3.5-inch drive bays with an extensive choice of NVMe PCIe SSDs, SAS/SATA SSDs, and SAS/SATA HDDs, and flexible I/O expansion options with a LOM slot, a dedicated storage controller slot, and up to 6x PCIe expansion slots.
The SR650 server offers basic or advanced hardware RAID protection and a wide range of networking options, including selectable LOM, ML2, and PCIe network adapters. The next-generation Lenovo XClarity Controller, which is built into the SR650 server, provides advanced service processor control, monitoring, and alerting functions.
The following figure shows the ThinkSystem SR650 with 2.5-inch hot-swap drives.
Figure 1. Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650 with 2.5-inch drive bays
Did you know?
The SR650 server features an AnyBay design that allows a choice of drive interface types in the same drive bay: SAS drives, SATA drives, or U.2 NVMe PCIe drives.
The SR650 server offers onboard NVMe PCIe ports that allow direct connections to the U.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs, which frees up I/O slots and helps lower NVMe solution acquisition costs.
The SR650 server is designed to meet ASHRAE A4 standards (up to 45 °C [113 °F]) in select configurations, which enable customers to lower energy costs, while still maintaining world-class reliability.
The SR650 server delivers outstanding memory performance with Performance+ 2933 MHz DIMMs, which is achieved by supporting two-DIMMs-per-channel configurations at speeds up to 10% faster than the Intel specification defines, while still maintaining world-class reliability.
Combining performance and flexibility, the SR650 server is a great choice for small and medium businesses up to the large enterprise. It can provide outstanding uptime to keep business-critical applications and cloud deployments running safely. Ease of use and comprehensive systems management tools help make deployment easier. Outstanding reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) and high-efficiency design improve your business environment and help save operational costs.
Scalability and performance
The SR650 server offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with the second generation of the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family with up to 28-core processors, up to 38.5 MB of last level cache (LLC), up to 2933 MHz memory speeds, and up to 10.4 GT/s Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links.
- Support for up to two processors, 56 cores, and 112 threads allows to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Speed Select Technology provides improvements in server utilization and guaranteed per-core performance service levels with more granular control over processor performance.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost (Vector Neural Network Instruction set [VNNI]) is designed to deliver significant, more efficient Deep Learning (Inference) acceleration for high-performance Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512) enable acceleration of enterprise-class and high performance computing (HPC) workloads.
- Helps maximize system performance for data intensive applications with up to 2933 MHz memory speeds and up to 3 TB of memory capacity with 3DS RDIMMs.
- Boosts the performance of data-intensive applications and delivers consistent service levels at scale for virtualized and cloud environments by using the innovative persistent memory technology that provides a unique combination of affordable large memory capacity and non-volatility for up to 7.5 TB of total server memory capacity, including 3DS RDIMMs and DCPMMs (DC persistent memory modules).
- Offers flexible and scalable internal storage in a 2U rack form factor with up to 24x 2.5-inch and 2x 3.5-inch drives for performance-optimized configurations or up to 14x 3.5-inch drives for capacity-optimized configurations, providing a wide selection of SAS/SATA HDD/SSD and PCIe NVMe SSD types and capacities.
- Provides flexibility to use SAS, SATA, or NVMe PCIe drives in the same drive bays with an AnyBay design.
- Provides I/O scalability with a LOM slot, PCIe 3.0 slot for an internal storage controller, and up to six PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 I/O expansion slots in a 2U rack form factor.
- Reduces I/O latency and increases overall system performance with Intel Integrated I/O Technology that embeds the PCI Express 3.0 controller into the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family.
Availability and serviceability
The SR650 server provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- Offers protection in the event of a non-correctable memory failure with Single Device Data Correction (SDDC, also known as Chipkill, requires x4-based DIMMs), Adaptive Double Device Data Correction (ADDDC, also known as Redundant Bit Steering [RBS], requires x4-based DIMMs and Intel Xeon Gold or Platinum processors), memory mirroring, and memory rank sparing.
- Provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts (such as processors, memory DIMMs, and adapter cards) with tool-less cover removal.
- Offers data protection and greater system uptime with hot-swap drives supporting basic or advanced RAID redundancy.
- Provides availability for business-critical applications with redundant hot-swap power supplies and redundant hot-swap system fans.
- Simplifies servicing, speeds up problem resolution, and helps improve system availability with light path diagnostics.
- Allows preventive actions in advance of possible failure, thereby increasing server uptime and application availability with Proactive Platform Alerts (including PFA and SMART alerts) for processors, voltage regulators, memory, internal storage (SAS/SATA HDDs and SSDs, NVMe SSDs, M.2 storage, flash storage adapters), fans, power supplies, RAID controllers, and server ambient and sub-component temperatures.
- Continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failure to minimize downtime with Built-in XClarity Controller (XCC).
- Provides quick access to system status, firmware, network, health, and alerts information via Virtual Operator Panel from the XClarity Mobile App running on the Android or iOS mobile device that is connected to the front USB port with XClarity Controller access.
- Speeds up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time with diagnostics built into the XClarity Provisioning Manager.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the SR650 server and deliver enterprise-class data protection:
- Provides advanced service processor control, monitoring, and alerting functions with XClarity Controller, a next generation service processor.
- Improves Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) system setup, configuration, updates, simplified error handling, and operating system deployment with the embedded XClarity Provisioning Manager.
- Offers XClarity Essentials software tools that can help you set up, use, and maintain the server.
- Increases uptime, reduces costs, and improves productivity through advanced server management capabilities with Lenovo XClarity Administrator that provides comprehensive hardware management.
- Provides on-the-go monitoring and management of devices in XClarity Administrator from anywhere with the Lenovo XClarity mobile app, which can help improve efficiency and reduce downtime risks.
- Centralizes infrastructure resource management with Lenovo XClarity Integrators for VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center, extending XClarity Administrator features to virtualization management software tools and enabling users to deploy and manage infrastructure end-to-end.
- Offers advanced cryptographic functionality (such as digital signatures and remote attestation) with an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) or optional Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM) or Nationz TPM (available only in PRC).
- Keeps user data safe with Lenovo Business Vantage, a security software tool suite designed to work with the Trusted Cryptographic Module or Nationz TPM (available only in PRC).
- Offers enterprise-class data protection with advanced RAID and optional self-encrypting drives.
- Provides faster, stronger encryption with industry-standard AES NI support.
- Helps prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks with Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality, when combined with a supporting operating system.
- Enhances security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks with Intel Trusted Execution Technology, allowing an application to run in its own isolated space, protected from all other software running on a system.
The SR650 server offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to the green environment:
- Delivers impressive compute power per watt, featuring 80 PLUS Titanium and Platinum redundant power supplies.
- Enables customers to lower energy costs with design to meet ASHRAE A4 standards in select configurations.
- Reduces power drawn with Intel Intelligent Power Capability that powers individual processor elements on and off as needed.
- Helps reduce power consumption with variable speed fans.
- Helps achieve lower heat output and reduced cooling needs with Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager that provides advanced data center power notification, analysis, and policy-based management.
Components and connectors
The following figure shows the front of the SR650 server with up to 16x 2.5-inch drive bays.
Figure 2. Front view of the SR650: Up to 16x 2.5-inch drive bays
The following figure shows the front of the SR650 server with up to 24x 2.5-inch drive bays.
Figure 3. Front view of the SR650: Up to 24x 2.5-inch drive bays
We offer express delivery to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain, UAE for Lenovo SR650 Xeon Gold 6226R Rack Server (16C 2.9GHz 22MB Cache/150W) 32GB 2933MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx4 RDIMM), No Backplane, No RAID, 1x750W, XCC Enterprise, Tooless Rails | 7X06A0K7EA.
Best Price Guarantee
We offer the best price for Lenovo SR650 Xeon Gold 6226R Rack Server (16C 2.9GHz 22MB Cache/150W) 32GB 2933MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx4 RDIMM), No Backplane, No RAID, 1x750W, XCC Enterprise, Tooless Rails | 7X06A0K7EA in Dubai, UAE. Buy now with the best price!
Specifications for Lenovo SR650 Xeon Gold 6226R Rack Server (16C 2.9GHz 22MB Cache/150W) 32GB 2933MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx4 RDIMM), No Backplane, No RAID, 1x750W, XCC Enterprise, Tooless Rails | 7X06A0K7EA
- 22 January, 2021
- 34.00 Kg
- 46.50 cm x 78.40 cm x 10.70 cm
- 76.40 X 44.50 X 8.70cm
- Up to 2933 MHz
- DDR4 SDRAM
- 24 DIMM Slots
- Error Correction code (ECC), SDDC
- 2933 MHz
- 2400 MHz
- 1 x RAID – PCIe 3.0 x8
- SATA 6Gb/s / SAS 12Gb/s
- ThinkSystem RAID 930-8i
- 2U Rack-mount.
- Intel Xeon Gold 6226R Processor
- Up to 16 Cores