Description for Lenovo SR530 Xeon Silver 4208 Rack Server (8C 2.1GHz 11MB Cache/85W) 32GB 2933MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx4 RDIMM), No Backplane, No RAID,ThinkSystem M.2 Enablement Kit,1x750W | 7X08A0AZEA
Lenovo ThinkSystem SR530 is an ideal 2-socket 1U rack server for small businesses up to large enterprises that need industry-leading reliability, management, and security, as well as cost-optimized performance and flexibility for future growth. Designed to handle a wide range of workloads, such as IT infrastructure, collaboration, and entry cloud, it can be the foundation of your online business.
Featuring the second generation of the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family (Xeon SP Gen 2), the SR530 server offers a balance of performance, capacity and value. The SR530 server supports up to two processors, up to 768 GB of 2933 MHz TruDDR4 memory, 8x 2.5-inch or 4x 3.5-inch drive bays with an extensive choice of SAS/SATA SSDs and SAS/SATA HDDs, and flexible I/O expansion options with a LOM slot and up to 3x PCIe slots.
The SR530 server offers basic software RAID or advanced hardware RAID protection and a wide range of networking options, including embedded LOM, selectable LOM, ML2, and PCIe network adapters. The next-generation Lenovo XClarity Controller, which is built into the SR530 server, provides advanced service processor control, monitoring, and alerting functions.
The following figure shows the ThinkSystem SR530 server with 3.5-inch front hot-swap drives. Other drive configurations are also available.
Figure 1. Lenovo ThinkSystem SR530 with 3.5-inch hot-swap drives
Did you know?
The SR530 server delivers impressive compute power per watt, featuring 80 PLUS Titanium and Platinum redundant power supplies that can deliver 96% (Titanium) or 94% (Platinum) efficiency at 50% load when connected to a 200 – 240 V AC power source.
The SR530 server is designed to meet ASHRAE A4 standards (up to 45 °C) in select configurations, which enable customers to lower energy costs, while still maintaining world-class reliability.
The SR530 server offers a balance of processing power, expandability, and cost for small and medium businesses up to the large enterprise. Ease of use and comprehensive systems management tools help make deployment easier and efficient design improves your business environment and helps save operational costs.
Scalability and performance
The SR530 server offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
- Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with the second generation of the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family with up to 22-core processors, up to 30.25 MB of last level cache (LLC), up to 2933 MHz memory speeds, and up to 10.4 GT/s Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links.
- Support for up to two processors, 44 cores, and 88 threads allows to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Speed Select Technology provides improvements in server utilization and guaranteed per-core performance service levels with more granular control over processor performance.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost (Vector Neural Network Instruction set [VNNI]) is designed to deliver significant, more efficient Deep Learning (Inference) acceleration for high-performance Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512) enable acceleration of enterprise-class and high performance computing (HPC) workloads.
- Helps maximize system performance for data intensive applications with up to 2933 MHz memory speeds and up to 768 GB of memory capacity.
- Offers flexible and scalable internal storage in a 1U rack form factor with up to 8x 2.5-inch drives for performance-optimized configurations or up to 4x 3.5-inch drives for capacity-optimized configurations, providing a wide selection of SAS/SATA HDDs/SSDs.
- Provides I/O scalability with a LOM slot and up to three PCI Express (PCIe) 3.0 I/O expansion slots in a 1U rack form factor.
- Reduces I/O latency and increases overall system performance with Intel Integrated I/O Technology that embeds the PCI Express 3.0 controller into the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family.
Availability and serviceability
The SR530 server provides many features to simplify serviceability and increase system uptime:
- Offers protection in the event of a non-correctable memory failure with Single Device Data Correction (SDDC, also known as Chipkill, requires x4-based DIMMs), Adaptive Double Device Data Correction (ADDDC, also known as Redundant Bit Steering [RBS], requires x4-based DIMMs and Intel Xeon Gold or Platinum processors), memory mirroring, and memory rank sparing.
- Provides easy access to upgrades and serviceable parts (such as processors, memory DIMMs, and adapter cards) with tool-less cover removal.
- Offers affordable data protection with software RAID and Simple Swap drives and advanced hardware RAID data redundancy with hot-swap drives.
- Provides availability for applications with redundant hot-swap power supplies and redundant non-hot-swap fans.
- Speeds up troubleshooting tasks to reduce service time with diagnostics built into the XClarity Provisioning Manager.
- Allows preventive actions in advance of possible failure, thereby increasing server uptime and application availability with Proactive Platform Alerts (including PFA and SMART alerts) for processors, voltage regulators, memory, internal storage (SAS/SATA HDDs and SSDs, M.2 storage), fans, power supplies, RAID controllers, and server ambient and sub-component temperatures.
- Continuously monitors system parameters, triggers alerts, and performs recovery actions in case of failure to minimize downtime with Built-in XClarity Controller (XCC).
- Provides quick access to system status, firmware, network, health, and alerts information via Virtual Operator Panel from the XClarity Mobile App running on the Android or iOS mobile device that is connected to the front USB port with XClarity Controller access.
Manageability and security
Powerful systems management features simplify local and remote management of the SR530 server and deliver enterprise-class data protection:
- Provides advanced service processor control, monitoring, and alerting functions with XClarity Controller, a next generation service processor.
- Improves Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) system setup, configuration, updates, simplified error handling, and operating system deployment with the embedded XClarity Provisioning Manager.
- Offers XClarity Essentials software tools that can help you set up, use, and maintain the server.
- Increases uptime, reduces costs, and improves productivity through advanced server management capabilities with Lenovo XClarity Administrator that provides comprehensive hardware management.
- Provides on-the-go monitoring and management of devices in XClarity Administrator from anywhere with the Lenovo XClarity mobile app, which can help improve efficiency and reduce downtime risks.
- Centralizes infrastructure resource management with Lenovo XClarity Integrators for VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center, extending XClarity Administrator features to virtualization management software tools and enabling users to deploy and manage infrastructure end-to-end.
- Offers advanced cryptographic functionality (such as digital signatures and remote attestation) with an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) or optional Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM) or Nationz TPM (available only in PRC).
- Keeps user data safe with Lenovo Business Vantage, a security software tool suite designed to work with the Trusted Cryptographic Module (available only in PRC).
- Offers enterprise-class data protection with advanced RAID and optional self-encrypting drives.
- Provides faster, stronger encryption with industry-standard AES NI support.
- Helps prevent certain classes of malicious buffer overflow attacks with Intel Execute Disable Bit functionality, when combined with a supporting operating system.
- Enhances security through hardware-based resistance to malicious software attacks with Intel Trusted Execution Technology, allowing an application to run in its own isolated space, protected from all other software running on a system.
The SR530 server offers the following energy-efficiency features to save energy, reduce operational costs, increase energy availability, and contribute to the green environment:
- Delivers impressive compute power per watt, featuring 80 PLUS Titanium and Platinum redundant power supplies.
- Enables customers to lower energy costs with design to meet ASHRAE A4 standards in select configurations.
- Reduces power drawn with Intel Intelligent Power Capability that powers individual processor elements on and off as needed.
- Helps reduce power consumption with variable speed fans.
- Helps achieve lower heat output and reduced cooling needs with Lenovo XClarity Energy Manager that provides advanced data center power notification, analysis, and policy-based management.
Components and connectors
The following figure shows the front of the SR530 server with four 3.5-inch drive bays.
Figure 2. Front view of the SR530: 4x 3.5-inch drive bays
The following figure shows the front of the SR530 server with eight 2.5-inch drive bays.
We offer express delivery to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, Umm Al Quwain, UAE for Lenovo SR530 Xeon Silver 4208 Rack Server (8C 2.1GHz 11MB Cache/85W) 32GB 2933MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx4 RDIMM), No Backplane, No RAID,ThinkSystem M.2 Enablement Kit,1x750W | 7X08A0AZEA.
Best Price Guarantee
We offer the best price for Lenovo SR530 Xeon Silver 4208 Rack Server (8C 2.1GHz 11MB Cache/85W) 32GB 2933MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx4 RDIMM), No Backplane, No RAID,ThinkSystem M.2 Enablement Kit,1x750W | 7X08A0AZEA in Dubai, UAE. Buy now with the best price!
Specifications for Lenovo SR530 Xeon Silver 4208 Rack Server (8C 2.1GHz 11MB Cache/85W) 32GB 2933MHz (1x32GB, 2Rx4 RDIMM), No Backplane, No RAID,ThinkSystem M.2 Enablement Kit,1x750W | 7X08A0AZEA
- 22 January, 2021
- 18.00 Kg
- 45.50 cm x 77.00 cm x 6.30 cm
- 75.00 X 43.50 X 4.30cm
- 1U Rack-mount.
- Intel Xeon Silver 4208 Processor
- Up to 8 Cores
- Up to 2933 MHz
- Intel C622
- Up to 12 DIMM Sockets
- Error Correction code (ECC), SDDC
- Up to 768 GB with 12x 64 GB RDIMMs
- 2x Integrated 1 GbE RJ-45 ports
- 1x USB 2.0 port with XClarity Controller access and 1x USB 3.0 port
- 2x USB 3.0 ports and 1x VGA port; optional 1x DB-9 serial port.
- Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware ESXi