Description for Dell PowerEdge T640 Tower Chassis for Up to 8x 3.5″ HDDs, Intel Xeon Silver 4210, 16GB (1x16GB) RDIMM, PERC H730P Adapter RAID Controller | T640
Features and Design
Accelerate modern workloads with a scalable platform
The PowerEdge T640 is a versatile, powerhouse server ideal for mid-sized offices, remote sites and data centers. The T640 combines powerful performance and massive internal storage capacity in a rack or tower platform. Address a wide range of workloads and future-proof your data center with flexible storage, performance and I/O options.Great for:
- Server virtualization, desktop virtualization
- Database, business analytics (BI) and intelligence
- Applications and imaging for medical, finance, education and science
- ERP, CRM, HPC
- Software-defined technologies
Adapt and scale with greater versatility
Meet evolving business needs with the scalable business architecture of the PowerEdge T640. Accelerate demanding workloads and plan for future growth with cost-effective, in-server expansion.
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives and 2 x 10GbE connections.
- Scale compute resources with Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that deliver a 27% increase in cores and 50% increase in bandwidth over the previous generation.*
- Address massive data growth with up to 18 x 3.5″ or 32 x 2.5″ drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Enhance productivity with intelligent automation
Dell OpenManage intelligent automation enables you to spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on business-critical priorities.
- Help maximize uptime with proactive diagnostics and automated remediation that increase productivity up to 90%*.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Improve productivity with agent-free Dell iDRAC9 for automated management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to configure and prep servers rapidly and scalably.
Protect your business with integrated security
A comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server helps to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly signed updates to run.
Dell EMC offers complete end-to-end services
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
Training & Certification
Financing and leasing
Short Tech Specification
|PowerEdge T640, Intel Xeon Silver 4114 2.2G, 10C/20T, 9.6GT/s , 14M Cache, Turbo, HT (85W) DDR4-2400, 16GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Dual Rank, 300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive, 3.5in HYB CARR, PERC H730P Adapter RAID Controller, 2GB, Dual, Hot-plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 750W, iDRAC9, Express|
Detailed Tech Specification
|PowerEdge T640 Server|
|PowerEdge T640 Motherboard|
|Intel Xeon Silver 4114 2.2G, 10C/20T, 9.6GT/s , 14M Cache, Turbo, HT (85W) DDR4-2400|
|iDRAC,Factory Generated Password|
|iDRAC Group Manager, Disabled|
|Chassis with up to 8 x 3.5 SAS/SATA Hard Drives, Tower Configuration|
|Tower Standard Bezel for T640|
|Dell EMC Logo Push Pin|
|PowerEdge T640 Shipping EMEA2|
|PowerEdge T640 Shipping Material|
|No Quick Sync for Tower|
|16GB RDIMM, 2666MT/s, Dual Rank|
|No Additional Processor|
|300GB 15K RPM SAS 12Gbps 512n 2.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive, 3.5in HYB CARR|
|PERC H730P Adapter RAID Controller, 2GB|
|No Additional Mid Fan for T640|
|Standard Heat Sink for Less = 150W|
|No Internal Optical Drive|
|C13 to C14, PDU Style, 10 AMP, 6.5 Feet (2m), Power Cord 6 ZR|
|Dual, Hot-plug, Redundant Power Supply (1+1), 750W|
|No Trusted Platform Module|
|On-Board Dual-Port 10GbE LOM|
|No Media Required|
|No Operating System|
|No Systems Documentation, No OpenManage DVD Kit|
|No Installation Service Selected (Contact Sales Rep for more details)|
|Not Selected in this Configuration|
|Asset Service – System Shipbox Label (Model, Svc Tag, Order Information, Basic Config Details)|
|Power Saving Dell Active Power Controller|
|Casters for PowerEdge Tower Chassis|
|Enterprise Order – EMEA.|
|3Yr Basic Warranty – Next Business Day (Emerging Only)|
Specifications for Dell PowerEdge T640 Tower Chassis for Up to 8x 3.5″ HDDs, Intel Xeon Silver 4210, 16GB (1x16GB) RDIMM, PERC H730P Adapter RAID Controller | T640
- 03 February, 2020
- 15.00 Kg
- 51.00 cm x 64.60 cm x 28.20 cm